ARMS OPEN WIDE

My whole life is yours
I give it all
Surrendered to your name
and forever I will pray
have your way
have your way

Anxiously awaiting Liam

Anxiously awaiting Liam
We can't wait to welcome home our son and brother.

Liam Xin

Liam Xin
Please welcome our newest addition Liam Xin.
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I ask of him.
1Samuel 1:27

Friday, October 15, 2010

Another month flying by

Liam's first bath with us May 17, 2010

Bathtime October, 2010



Getting a first taste of daddy's 'world class milkshake'

We took the ferry across the river to go apple picking and to the pumpkin patch. Liam was entertained while we waited for the ferry by driving (?) the van and by tossing rocks into the river




At the rate at which time is flying by my next post may be about Liam's college graduation. My mom had always warned me that the older you get the faster time will pass. She was not kidding. I told my sister I need to reserve a cemetery plot sometime soon!
There isn't a day that goes by that we don't count our blessings that Liam has entered our lives. Everyone seems to be curious about the same things. How is Liam eating and sleeping and how do his siblings get along with him. The eating and sleeping stuff is great. He continues to have a great appetite and often eats more at a meal than everyone (except his daddy!). He will eat anything and I cannot think of one thing he won't eat. He makes meal time easy...not necessarily clean as he continues to work on mastering using his utensils. Liam has gained 6 pounds even and grown 1.5 inches in 4.5 months.He is also a great sleeper. His crib is still in our room because daddy :) thinks it is too soon to move him into his own room. We have continued with the same bedtime routine minus a nightly walk as it is dark out so early now. The best part, however, is just how much Liam's brother and sisters adore him and how much he adores them each in return. Liam has really taken to giving and receiving kisses and hugs and LOVES playing and loving on his siblings as they do with him. Each of the kids have a special relationship with Liam and enjoy their own special games. Liam loves to watch his daddy and brother throw the football out in the yard. I hold Liam and we work to intercept the ball or tackle someone. He laughs the entire time. There have been a few times the girls have helped us by putting Liam down for his nap and they still argue over who gets to do it.
All that being said, we are pooped. Work, 2 teenage kids, 1 pre-teen son and a toddler make for one tired mama. Somehow everything seems to get done. Everyone starts the day with a clean pair of undies, food in their bellies and plenty of love in their hearts. Can't ask for much more than that!

1 comment: